Monday, March 5, 2018

Paleo Pumpkin Spice Muffins {AIP}


I just have to share this awesome awesome awesome recipe for pumpkin spice muffins. What makes them exceptional is that they're Paleo and can even be AIP compliant if you don't use any egg. The ingredients are easier on your body because they don't have a ton of carbs and sugars. They're made with tigernut flour which is a root vegetable and is full of potassium and iron!

So what's all this hippy food business? This blog is flooded with sweet goodness but don't let that fool you. I love eating healthy! When you hop around food blogs as long as I have, you start learning all sorts of crazy things about nutrition and wellness completely by accident.

What I was reading made sense so I decided to try paleo. During the first two weeks, I nearly flipped my ever-loving sh*t. No beans? No bread? No cereal? No tofu? After two weeks though, I stopped raging and noticed real results. I was stunned and decided to continue the path. I'm not the perfect practitioner but it's a maintainable lifestyle.



Lo, the key to any of these diet changes - "maintainable." After making these muffins, I cheered with relief! This is a breakfast and snack food that make paleo a breeze. They're moist. Flavorful. Delightful. You can get frisky with it - I've used half pumpkin and half roasted sweet potato. Switch up the spice combination. Add different dried fruits and seeds. This recipe can take it!

The recipe for these Paleo Pumpkin Spice Muffins is courtesy of Fed and Fulfilled
Note: I add one whole egg to my wet ingredients, halve the amount of maple syrup, and fold in a handful of unsweetened, dried raisins.